- Two roads in downtown Shanghai (Qufu Road and Damuqiao Road) close to make way for Line 12 metro construction
- On October 2 you’ll be able to take free rides on Singapore’s expanded Circle Line. The official opening is October 8.
- Read a review of our iPhone apps on SimonBlog
Monthly Archives: September 2011
The Shanghai Anagram Metro Map 2011
Happy Mid-Autumn festival to all ExploreMetro fans! Here’s a special holiday treat for you metro-lovers. We’ve made an anagrammed version of the 2011 Shanghai Metro map, scrambling the letters of the English names of all stations for comic effect.
Click below for the full PDF metro map, here are some of our favorites:
- Haha, brainy girls = Shanghai Library
- Huge Shoe healing Communist Ascendancy = Shanghai Science and Technology Museum
- Mouse came up arse = Aerospace Museum
- Odd anagram = Madang Road
Back in 2008 I created the first anagrammed map of the Shanghai Metro. Since then the Shanghai Metro has added lots of new stations and lines and is now the longest metro system in the world, so I thought it was about time to bring the anagram map up to date!
Note for pedants: I used the common English name of the station as posted on signboards, spelling out directions e.g. South Lingyan Road. For some challenging stations (particularly the ones with lots of Xs and Zs I added “station” e.g. Dongjing Station -> Standing, I jog not.)
Shanghai Metro Line 2 gets more frequent trains, longer service hours
The Shanghai Metro company announced that Shanghai Metro Line 2 will have increased service from Thursday 1st September!
More frequent trains!
- On the central part of the line. trains will now run every 3.5 minutes, down from 4 minutes
- On the eastern part of the line, trains between Guanglan Road and Pudong International Airport will run every 8 minutes, down from 9.5 minutes
- On the western part of the line, trains between Songhong Road to East Xujing Station via Hongqiao Airport will run every 6.5 minutes, down from 10 minutes
- Trains to Pudong International Airport will run for 90 minutes more each day: new service hours are 6am to 10pm.
- Extra trains from Guanglan Road to Yuandong Avenue, running until 10.42pm
- Two extra trains from Hongqiao Railway Station and Hongqiao Airport to Longyang Road, departing at 11.04pm and 11.20pm