The Shanghai Metro company announced that Shanghai Metro Line 2 will have increased service from Thursday 1st September!
More frequent trains!
- On the central part of the line. trains will now run every 3.5 minutes, down from 4 minutes
- On the eastern part of the line, trains between Guanglan Road and Pudong International Airport will run every 8 minutes, down from 9.5 minutes
- On the western part of the line, trains between Songhong Road to East Xujing Station via Hongqiao Airport will run every 6.5 minutes, down from 10 minutes
- Trains to Pudong International Airport will run for 90 minutes more each day: new service hours are 6am to 10pm.
- Extra trains from Guanglan Road to Yuandong Avenue, running until 10.42pm
- Two extra trains from Hongqiao Railway Station and Hongqiao Airport to Longyang Road, departing at 11.04pm and 11.20pm
We’ve updated our online metro map with all the latest train times. An update to our Explore Shanghai Metro app for iPhone will be available shortly!