It’s all change on the Taipei Metro this week as the new Songshan Line opens. Although only 4 new stations have opened: Songshan, Nanjing Sanmin, Taipei Arena and Beimen, there’s also been a major reorientation of services on the other lines, leading to much improved and simplified interchanges in central Taipei. The Songshan Line connects through to the Xindian Line as part of the new Line 3, shown in green on the map below:
Additionally, the lines in Taipei have now been numbered for the first time, aiding tourists and visitors to Taipei.
* The Wenhu Line (brown) is now Line 1
* The Tamsui-Xinyi Line (red) is now Line 2
* The Songshan-Xindian Line (green) is now Line 3
* The Zhonghe-Xinlu Line (orange) is now Line 4
* The Bannan Line (blue) is now Line 5
We’ve updated our online map at taipei.exploremetro.com with all the new stations and lines. Updates to our iOS and Android apps are coming soon! Due to the large number of changes, there may be some errors or issues with the maps. Spot anything out of place? Do get in touch!