The Shanghai Metro currently has 10 lines in operation: Lines 1 to 9 are in full operation, Line 11 is in trial operation. So, what’s still pending opening this year? The plan is to open everything before the Expo, but it seems like some projects are delayed. If you have accurate opening dates for any of these lines, please let me know in the comments!
- Line 2 west extension – Songhong Road to Xujing via Hongqiao Airport and Hongqiao Railway Station. Should be the next to open, during March. Open March 16! (except Hongqiao Railway Station)
- Line 2 east extension – 8 new stations from Guanglan Road to Pudong International Airport. Open April 8!
- Line 7 north extension – Qihua Road to Meilanhu.
- Line 10 – a major new line with 31 stations, appears to be delayed. Open for trial operation April 10 (except branch to Hongqiao)
- Line 11 branch line – to Anting – open 29 March! (except East Changji Road)
- Line 13 – will open for Expo ticket-holders only
Additionally some closed stations on existing lines may open. Zhoujiadu on Line 8, Houtan on Line 7, Jiyang Road on Line 6/8 and Middle Yanggao Road (open April 7) on Line 9 fall into this category.