A round up of Shanghai metro news!
- Metro Line 11 and the eastern extension to Line 9 opened on December 31st. Both have limited opening times initially. Check www.exploreshanghai.com for all the details, including first and last train times, and journey planning/prices for the new lines.
- Metro Line 6 now has longer opening times! Trains leave Gangcheng Road between 5:36 and 22:00 and leave South Lingyan Road between 5:48 and 22:12.
- Planning to interchange Line 9 and Line 1 at Xujiahui? You’ll have a long walk for now. The planned interchange passageway is not open yet, so for now you’ll need to leave the station and re-enter. This is free with a Shanghai Public Transportation Card
- The Shanghai Metro Company have launched a new “traffic light” system for the network. Green shows trains are operating normally, yellow shows delays, red shows serious issues/shutdowns. You can check the current state of the network here
- Later in January, Jiyang Road station will open, providing an interchange between line 6 and line 8 (see below). You won’t be able to access the station from ground level, only interchange.