We’re pleased to announce that the beta version of our new metro maps is now available! Visit our sites for Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Singapore or Hong Kong – look for this orange banner at the top of the page to opt into the beta:
If you don’t yet see the message, please accept our apologies, we will make it available to you soon!
You can also visit our sites from an iPhone, iPad or Android device to try out the beta version.
Some of the great new features of our all-new metro maps include:
- Doesn’t require Flash
- Layout adapts to your browser size
- Simplified routeplanning. Just tap on the first station, choose “Plan route”, then tap on the second station
- Quickly jump to another city using the top menu
- Zoom in and out using the mouse scrollwheel or zoom buttons
- Pop open the first/last train times panel. Just tap any station, then choose “First & last”
- Load the Metropedia article for any station by tapping on the station name
If you’d like to return to the classic version, tap the ExploreMetro logo and choose “Don’t use beta”.
As this is a beta version, there may still be a few glitches. If you spot anything wrong, or have suggestions for improvements, contact us!