To celebrate the fact that Explore Hong Kong has just been upgraded to version 1.5, including great new features like “find my nearest station”, we’ve gone KowLOONY! Until Sunday 21st March, you’ll be able to download Explore Hong Kong absolutely free!
Ten great reasons to get Explore Hong Kong:
- Fully up-to-date – Every station on every line. Including the new stations at Austin and LOHAS Park!
- Plan routes – Get instant time and price details on the go.
- Accurate – verified against the official MTR map and routeplanner.
- Works offline– Everything works without an Internet connection.
- Bilingual – Everything’s available in English and Chinese. Choose traditional or simplified characters.
- Audio – Every station name pronounced in Cantonese!
- Nearest stations – use your iPhone’s GPS to find the closest MTR stop
- First and last train times – don’t miss the last train home!
- Line labels – Quickly see the name of any line at a glance
- Did we mention it’s free?
Hurry! Download Explore Hong Kong from the iTunes App Store now! Sale ends Sunday 21st March!
ExploreMetro makes Asia’s best metro maps. Find out about our apps for iPhone and apps for Android!
I purchased this when it was not free, and I’m having problems with the “Plan routes” functionality. I’m putting a flag from Airport to Kowloon on the Airport line, and get “Sorry, this Journey is not supported”. Same from http://www.explorehk.com/en/ .
Is the Airport line working for time calculation?
Hi Lantrix, the Airport Express line doesn’t work for time calculations yet. We hope to fix this in an update soon. Meanwhile, you can find information and timetables for the Airport Express here: http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/airport_express/intro_index.html