Since 2007 we’ve been providing interactive Flash metro maps at exploreshanghai.com and for four other cities. While recently we’ve been focused on apps for iPhone and Android, our popular online maps at are starting to look a little dated. It’s time for a fresh start, so I’ve been redesigning the online maps from the ground up. The goals of the redesign are:
- No more Flash: as an increasing number of devices don’t come with Flash Player installed
- Make the design responsive – that is to say, it should display well on any screen size, from a mobile phone right up to a large desktop monitor
- Allow users of mobile devices who haven’t got our native apps to access basic mapping functionality on all devices for free
- Add online maps for Seoul and Taipei
- Add some features from our native apps, like more intuitive routeplanning, and zoom in/out
We’re still testing the new maps, but here’s a sneak preview of things to come (click to enlarge):
Soon, you’ll be able to opt-in to use the new version when you visit one of our sites. Stay tuned for updates!
ExploreMetro makes Asia’s best metro maps. Find out about our apps for iPhone and apps for Android!