An update to the metro map is now online! At the end of the year, three new lines, as well as extensions to existing lines will open:
- Line 6 will run through Pudong, connecting with Line 2 and Line 4
- Line 8 will run north-south through the city with an interchange at People’s Square
- Line 9 will run westwards out to Songjiang. Amusingly, it won’t connect with the other lines yet.
- Line 4 will finally become a circular route with the opening of three new stations
- Line 1 gets a big longer at the northern end, terminating at Fujin Lu
You can view all the new lines here, note that this is a beta version, notably
- There is no first train/last train data for the new lines yet
- The route planner doesn’t have information for the new lines yet
- There are no pronunciations of the new stations yet (coming next week)
- Some of the English station names may be subject to change (e.g. Dashijie vs Great World)
If you spot any errors in the new map please contact me or post a response below.