Since we launched the “beta” versions of our online metro maps a few weeks ago, we’ve received lots of great feedback from our loyal users. Some people love them, some people have found problems or issues and want to go back to the old versions.
Just to let you know, we are reading and responding to all the feedback, and continuing to make improvements to the beta version. Today we made several improvements to our beta maps for Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taipei, including:
- The default zoom level shows a larger area
- You can now zoom in/out smoothly, rather than only in steps of 2x
- When hovering over a station, you’ll see a “hand” cursor, making it clearer when you can click
- Fixed a bug where flags would disappear during route planning
- Faster loading of map tiles in China
To opt-in to the beta version, click the orange banner.
To opt-out and return to the classic version, click the ExploreMetro logo and choose “Don’t use beta”.
We’ll continue to work on fixing bugs and making improvements in the beta version until they surpass the classic versions 🙂 If you spot any errors, or have any feedback on how to improve the beta versions, do let me know in the comments, or via our support page.
ExploreMetro makes Asia’s best metro maps. Find out about our apps for iPhone and apps for Android!